Central States Numismatic Society
Serving the Numismatic Community since 1939
NUMISMATIC EDUCATION ABUNDANT IN SCHAUMBURG
1896 $2.00 Education Note
78th Anniversary Convention Educational Programs
Ray Lockwood CSNS Education Director
The preamble to the Central States Numismatic Society Constitution makes it very clear that our organization's main purposes are: "to advance the knowledge of numismatics and to promote popular interest in numismatics"
With these purposes in mind, the following numismatic education programs will be offered April 25 through April 29, 2017 during the 78th Anniversary Convention of the Central States Numismatic Society in the beautiful Renaissance Convention Center in Schaumburg, Illinois. Central States members and guests are invited and encouraged to attend as many of these programs as time permits.
TUESDAY, APRIL 25 & WEDNESDAY, APRIL 26
Glen Jorde, Past President of PCDA and PMG grader, will teach a class titled: "Basic Paper Money Grading"
The first session of the class is on Tuesday, 9AM to 5PM with a second session on Wednesday, 9AM to 3PM.
Cost is $100 for CSNS members and $125 for non-members.
Obtain registration information and send fees to Ray Lockwood - CSNS Education Director - 2075 E. Bocock Road - Marion, IN 46952. Email: email@example.com Make checks out to CSNS.
THURSDAY, APRIL 27
- 8:00 AM - Women in Numismatics Meeting - Program features Louis Boling with her fascinating topic: "Demure Maiden to Wild Child: Saint Barbara - Patron Saint of Those Who Make Things Go Boom"
- 10:00 AM - Allen Schein, Author and Exhibitor: Topic - "The Identity of Bela Lyon Pratt's Indian"
- 11:00 AM - Len Augsburger, Project Coordinator: Topic - "Newman Numismatic Portal User Forum"
- 12:30 PM - Doug Davis: "The Numismatic Crime Information Center - What It Is and Why It Matters in Your Life"
- 2:00 PM - Heritage Auctions Numismatic Education Forum - Session 1 - Greg Rohan, Heritage Auctions President - Topic - "My LIfe at Heritage in the Rarified World of High End Luxury Collectables"
- 3:00 PM - Miles Standish: Topic - "American Silver Eagles"
- 4:00 PM - Mitch Ernst, Omaha, Nebraska hobby promoter: Session 1 - Topic - "Introduction to Non-Profit Organization Fund Raising"
FRIDAY, APRIL 28
- 8:30 AM - Kathy McFadden - Director and David Crenshaw - Chief Operating Officer - Industry Council for Tangible Assets - Topic - "National and State Legislative Update"
- 9:00 AM - Liberty Seated Collectors' Club - Gerry Fortin, President - Topic - "Liberty Seated Dimes Die Varieties"
- 10:30 AM - Heritage Auctions Numismatic Forum - Session 2 Robert Campbell, Former ANA President -Topic - "All About Morgan Silver Dollars"
- 11:00 AM - Meeting: Central States General Membership Meeting
- 12:30 PM - Heritage Auctions Numismatic Education Forum -Session 3: Andrew Kimmel - Wisconsin Coin Dealer and CSNS Governor - Topic - "Artifical vs. Natural Toning of Coins"
- 1:00 PM - Meeting: International Organization of Wooden Money Collectors Program TBA
- 2:30 PM Heritage Auctions Numismatic Forum - Session 4: Peter Huntoon - Topic - "A Pathway to Building a World Class National Bank Note Collection"
- 3:00 PM - Mitch Ernst: Session 2 - "Introduction to Non-Profit Organization Fund Raising"
SATURDAY, APRIL 29
- 10:30 AM - Hertitage Auctions Numismatic Education Forum - Session 5: Cindy Wibker, FUN Show Chairman & Governor - Topic - "An Exonumia Overview"
- 11:00 AM - 2PM - Boy Scout Merit Badge Clinic
- 12 -Noon - Mitch Ernst: Session 3 - "Introduction to Non-Profit Organization Fund Raising"
- 12:30 PM - Heritage Auctions Numismatic Forum - Session 6: Robert Fritsch, New Hampshire collector - Topic - "Exploring the Wonderful World of Tokens and Medals"
- 1:00 PM - Meeting: Chicago Coin Club - TBA
- 2:30 PM - Heritage Auctions Numismatic Forum - Session 7 - Ray Lockwood, Past CSNS President & Current Education Director - Topic - "All You Ever Wanted to Know About Polymer Bank Notes"
- 4:00 PM - The International Primitive Money Society - Program TBA