Central States Numismatic Society
Serving the Numismatic Community since 1939
Attention: All Numismatic Authors And Researchers... The Central States Board Of Directors has approved a grant program of $40,000 which will fund writing and research on numismatic topics. Mini-grants up to $5000 are available through the CSNS Education Committee and Board.
Authors are encouraged to apply for research/writing grants and specify in their grant applications:
- The purpose and scope of their research/writing
- A timetable for completion of their research/writing
- The amount of funding requested
- The promise to acknowledge Central States as a major contributor to their work and include the Central States logo therein
- The promise to publish their work in a timely manner and/or make their work available to the ANA and ANS libraries for serious scholars.
It is understood that these research/writing grants could be used for print or visual productions. Additional application procedures and criteria will be developed by the CSNS Education Committee including but not limited to the issues of profits and copyrights, if any.
Individual grants will be awarded in amounts up to $5,000 in any CSNS fiscal year. Successful applicants will be required to become CSNS members. Grants will be not be paid to authors in one lump sum; rather, they will be paid out in four (4) equal payments during the course of research and/or writing based on evidence of satisfactory quantity and quality of work. Evidence of misuse of grant funds will result in immediate termination of the grant and possible legal action to reclaim expended funds.
No current elected officer or any employee of Central States would be eligible for a grant.
Details about the grants and application procedure are available from CSNS Education Director:
W. Ray Lockwood
Marion, Indiana 46952